What should I do in a power outage?
- Check your neighbours to see if they’ve also lost power
- Check your switchboard and reset any tripped circuit breakers
- Stay well clear of any fallen powerlines as they should always be treated as live and dangerous
- Only open fridge and freezer doors when absolutely necessary
- Check your electric gates and garage doors for manual override
- Switch off and unplug sensitive electrical equipment
- Use generators with caution and only to power appliances directly
- Check your security alarm manual for instructions on back-up battery power
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.